Enjoy an afternoon at the theater and leave the child care to us:
Introducing Guthrie Theater /
YMCA Play Care!
3-play packages and single tickets now on sale.
Finally, the day has arrived when you can escape to the theater for an afternoon of much-deserved grown-up time, while your kids participate in fun and creative activities developed and led by trusted child care professionals of the YMCA -- all under the same roof! It's almost too good to be true!
Here's how it works:
Beginning at 12:30 p.m. on select Play Care dates, bring your children (ages 4 to 11) to the Guthrie's Level Eight Education Suite where they will explore a variety of activities developed and led by qualified and trusted YMCA child care professionals. All activities are tailored to your child's age (ages 4 & 5, 6 & 7, 8 & 9, 10 & 11), including movement, arts & crafts, games and more. Once they're settled in, head downstairs, take your seat and prepare to be entertained!
2013 Play Care Dates
All performances begin at 1 p.m., child care drop off begins at 12:30 p.m. Advance reservations are required.
- Saturday, June 1, 1 p.m. - The Primrose Path
- Saturday, July 13, 1 p.m. - Clybourne Park
- Saturday, July 27, 1 p.m. - Clybourne Park
August 17, 1 p.m. - Pride and Prejudice
- Saturday, August 24, 1 p.m. - Pride and Prejudice
To purchase, call the Guthrie Box Office at 612.377.2224 or order in person at the Guthrie Box Office.
|Area 2||Area 3|
|Play Care Show Tickets||$25||$20|
|Child care||$10 per child|
For 3-play packages, call the season ticket offer at 612.225.6238.
For single tickets, call the Guthrie Box Office at 612.377.2224 or order in person at the Guthrie Box Office.
- Families must have a child ages 4 - 11 to participate in this program. Participating children must be fully potty trained.
- Parents must remain at the Guthrie while children are in our care -- no exceptions.
- Limit 3 plays per household with a maximum of 4 adult tickets and 4 children in child care/per play.
- Not available online or with other offers.