WELCOME TO LEVEL NINE!
From reduced ticket prices to dynamic community events to a fresh series of original plays, the Guthrie’s ninth floor has undergone a groundbreaking transformation. And you are invited!
As the centerpiece of Artistic Director Joseph Haj’s community-based vision for the Guthrie – and with the support of an unprecedented, three-year grant from The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation – the theater’s ninth floor is a hub for conversation, new voices and unforgettable art.
Level Nine embodies a spirit of:
- Theater for everyone: All tickets to all Level Nine performances are $9.
- Vital art: We will produce and present work by acclaimed national or international artists and companies.
- Impactful new work: We will commission a play by an accomplished playwright, creating art that addresses pressing questions in our society.
- Devised theater: We will host three devising ensembles, which start their work with no script, over the next three years.
- Homegrown theater: Local and regional theater companies, with support from the Guthrie, will continue to shape the Dowling Studio.
- Community dialogue: Conversations, town hall meetings, readings, dance parties - special events will address current events and track history.
2016-2017 DOWLING STUDIO PRODUCTIONS:
- Jeanne Sakata’s Hold These Truths
- Frank Boyd’s The Holler Sessions
- Jackie Sibblies Drury’s We Are Proud to Present a Presentation About the Herero of Namibia, Formerly Known as Southwest Africa, From the German Südwestafrika, Between the Years 1884–1915
2016-2017 DOWLING STUDIO PRESENTATIONS:
- zAmya Theater Project’s Home Street Home
- 7th House Theater's The Passage
- Transatlantic Love Affair’s Promise Land
- The Telling Project’s Echo War
- Mu Performing Arts' Charles Francis Chan Jr.’s Exotic Oriental Murder Mystery
- The New Griots Festival
All tickets are $9.Season passes and single tickets for the Dowling Studio productions are now available.