The Guthrie Theater endeavors to illuminate our common humanity in all we do. We strive to provide a safe and respectful work environment for staff, board, artists, audiences, guests and volunteers. As a community, we will work together to uphold this agreement.
Theater is an art form. The work can and should be challenging, experimental, exploratory and bold. Artistic freedom of expression is essential. For this to happen, our creative spaces, which encompass performances, events, auditions, rehearsals, ticketing and more, must be safe spaces.
We remain steadfast in our commitment to artistic excellence while uplifting anti-racist, anti-sexist and anti-discriminatory practices in all areas of the theater. We strive to protect our community members from conduct that is inappropriate, disruptive, abusive or threatening.
Therefore, we ask that everyone in the Guthrie community do their part to create an environment that is welcoming to all. Together, we commit to be:
- Inclusive and respectful of people of every race, ethnicity, gender identity/expression, disability, sexual orientation, nationality, religion, age, physical appearance/body size, language and immigration/economic status
- Intentional with our words by abstaining from hate speech or harmful actions of any kind, including the abuse of chat functions (e.g., trolling)
- Mindful of the personal space and boundaries of others by abstaining from unwelcome sexual attention, harassment, stalking and inappropriate physical contact of any kind
- Respectful of artists and audience members by refraining from sustained disruption during onstage productions, community/education programs and events
- Conscious of the power we hold by not engaging in abuse or intimidation, including actions related to race, gender, position or wealth
- Vigilant in the fight against the spread of COVID-19 by abiding by the theater’s health and safety policies.
If anyone in our community experiences or witnesses inappropriate conduct, report it immediately by sending a detailed email to firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of our team will respond within 12 hours.
All incidents that violate this community agreement are subject to an immediate and equitable review process.