Health & Safety
For audience members
Effective September 10, 2022, audience members may choose their preferred theatergoing environment:
- For all Tuesday – Saturday performances, masks are encouraged but not required.
- For all Sunday performances, masks are required. Masks must securely cover the nose and mouth (no bandanas, neck gaiters or face shields) when entering and inside the theater.
Proof of vaccination is not required to see a performance at the Guthrie, and theaters will be sold to full capacity without social distancing.
If you are unable to attend a performance because you are sick, you may call the Box Office at 612.377.2224 to exchange your tickets no later than 4 p.m. on the day of your scheduled performance (noon for a matinee).
For guests visiting the building
Masks are encouraged but not required for all guests visiting the Guthrie’s public spaces. Proof of vaccination is not required. If you would like a mask, just ask.
For Guthrie staff
As of September 23, 2021, all Guthrie staff, except those who have received an accommodation for medical or religious purposes, must be fully vaccinated.
Ongoing health and safety protocols
- Twice weekly PCR testing is required for all artists involved in a production. Antigen (rapid) testing is used when needed.
- High-efficiency MERV 13 air filters increase fresh air intake, and we monitor humidity levels.
- The air exchange rate in the theaters is between four and six changes per hour.
- Hand sanitizer stations are available throughout the building.
- Common areas and frequent touch points are disinfected multiple times a day.