Health & Safety
For audience members
Effective April 18, 2022, all audience members, regardless of age, must wear a mask that securely covers the nose and mouth (no bandanas, neck gaiters or face shields) when entering and inside the theater. Proof of vaccination is not required to see a performance at the Guthrie.
Theaters will be sold to full capacity without social distancing. While masking is intended to ensure everyone at the Guthrie stays healthy and safe, it does not guarantee protection against COVID-19. Audience members assume their own risk when they enter the theater.
If you are unable to attend a performance because you are sick, are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms or have been exposed to COVID-19, you may call the Box Office at 612.377.2224 to exchange your tickets or request a refund.
For guests visiting the building
Masks are highly recommended but not required for all guests visiting the Guthrie’s public spaces. Proof of vaccination is not required. If you would like a mask, just ask. Masks are required for any guests and vendors who meet with Guthrie staff in nonpublic spaces.
For summer camp participants
Masks are required for all summer camp teaching artists and participants, regardless of vaccination status.
For Guthrie staff
As of September 23, 2021, all Guthrie staff, except those who have received an accommodation for medical or religious purposes, must be fully vaccinated. All Guthrie staff are required to wear masks in public building spaces and shared workspaces (hallways, elevators, conference rooms, etc.) regardless of vaccination status.
Ongoing health and safety protocols
- The Guthrie closely monitors local, state and federal COVID-19 guidelines and consults with medical experts and its internal COVID-19 Safety Team to adjust health and safety policies as needed.
- Twice weekly PCR testing is required for all artists and anyone working on a production. Antigen (rapid) testing is used when needed.
- Masks are required for all Guthrie staff, volunteers and artists in public spaces. Artists will not be required to wear masks while performing onstage.
- High-efficiency MERV 13 air filters increase fresh air intake and monitor humidity levels.
- Hand sanitizer stations are available throughout the building.
- Common areas and frequent touch points are disinfected multiple times a day.
Food and beverage
Food and beverage is currently paused at the Guthrie, including our lobby bars, but we hope to resume service soon. Until then, we encourage you try one of these nearby restaurants before or after a show. Outside food and drinks are not allowed in the theater, but feel free to bring a water bottle.