Happening: The Art of Surviving
Wurtele Thrust Stage
7 – 9:30 p.m.
Like many communities, the Twin Cities is reeling from revelations of trauma and abuse. In an effort to encourage dialogue and coalition-building, the Guthrie will host an evening dedicated to the art of surviving. Survivors Sharon Day, Ifrah Mansour, Laura Stearns and Saymoukda Vongsay will share their personal stories of resiliency, encompassing themes of generational trauma, war, immigration and sexual abuse. Audience members will have time and space to reflect privately or in facilitated group discussions. Please join us for the final Happening of our 2018–2019 Season as we listen to — and lift up — the voices of survivors.
Event host and confirmed facilitators
- H. Adam Harris, host
- Robert O. Fisch, doctor, author and Holocaust survivor
- Gary Green, United Theological Seminary of the Twin Cities
- Seena Hodges, The Woke Coach
- Robin Phillips, The Advocates for Human Rights
- Michel Rousseau, Jewish Family and Children’s Service of Minneapolis
- Rev. Dr. Justin Sabia-Tanis, United Theological Seminary of the Twin Cities
- Ashley Sturz-Griffith, Minnesota Coalition Against Sexual Assault
- Dr. Lewis P. Zeidner, United Theological Seminary of the Twin Cities
The Guthrie’s Level Nine Series is made possible by the generous support of The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation.