Handling fees: There are no handling fees for in-person orders. A per-ticket handling fee will be charged for all online and phone orders based on the price of the ticket:
- $1 for tickets $10–$19.99
- $3 for tickets $20–$29.99
- $5 for tickets $30 or more
Age recommendation: We recommend patrons be ages 12 and up except for A Christmas Carol, which we recommend for ages 8 and up. Everyone must have a ticket, and children under 5 are not admitted. Call the Box Office if you have questions about a specific production.
Refunds: There are no refunds on tickets.
Exchanges and donations: Ticket exchanges or donations must be made by 4 p.m. on the day of your scheduled evening performance (noon for a matinee) with the Box Office. Exchange fees may apply. No exchanges for special events or presentations.
Changes or cancellations: Performance names, dates and times are subject to change or cancellation.
Third-party tickets: No exchanges, donations, returns or refunds will be issued for any tickets listed for sale through brokers, agencies or third-party sellers (see note below).
Late seating: Latecomers are admitted at the discretion of the director during an appropriate break in the action. You may be seated in an alternate location designated for late arrivals.
Bad weather: If bad weather prevents you from attending, call the Box Office as soon as possible (no later than the day after the missed performance) to make alternative arrangements.
A note about third-party tickets
The Guthrie Theater Box Office is the official and most secure way to purchase tickets. We cannot guarantee that tickets purchased through any other vendor or third-party seller are valid.
There are three ways to purchase authorized tickets through the Box Office:
- Online at guthrietheater.org
- By phone at 612.377.2224 or 1.877.447.8243 (toll-free)
- In person at 818 South 2nd Street, Minneapolis, MN 55415
Follow these best practices when purchasing tickets online:
- Purchase tickets on guthrietheater.org only
- Type the Guthrie website directly in your browser
- Do not click on search listings labeled as ads
- If tickets are unavailable, contact the Box Office instead of searching third-party sites